2019 Cultural Heritage Exhibition
THEME: How has your cultural heritage influenced your art? This show seeks to examine the expression of cultural heritage through art. How does the past affect our view on the contemporary world? Whether it is the food, textiles, festivals, or family traditions, the art in this show will demonstrate how these experiences can be shared through visual art.
LOCATION: The West Windsor Arts Center, 952 Alexander Rd., Princeton Junction, NJ 08550
ELIGIBILITY: Open call to all artists age 16 and older.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submission deadline: April 21, 2019 at 12 midnight
Please have the following information ready when submitting:
- Title of artwork(s)
- Sale price
- Insurance value
- Images of the art ready to be uploaded
- Short artist statement
- Short artist bio
- A maximum of three pieces can be submitted per artist
- All art must be original and new to WWAC.
- Size of artwork: We recommend a maximum size of 30”x30” but the juror will judge larger works on a case-by-case basis.
- All work that can be hung on the wall including drawing, painting, mixed media, photography, printmaking, or fiber will be considered.
- Artwork must be in original form for the medium being submitted. Giclée or other reproductions of original work will not be accepted, unless original is a photograph/print. Example: giclée of watercolor will not be accepted.
- All works entered MUST include finished edges or be framed. All work must be properly wired across the back with picture hanging wire.
Wire must be approximately 1/3 from top of frame. Saw-tooth hooks, ribbon, etc. will NOT be accepted. WWAC reserves the right to reject any work that is not ready to hang.
- All pieces must be labeled on the back with the artist's name and the title of the artwork.
Exhibit Dates: May 20 to July 12, 2019
Submission deadline: April 21, 2019 at midnight
Artist Reception: Sunday June 2, 2019 from 4 – 6 pm
Art pick up: Sunday July 14, 2019 10am to 12 noon