Welcome to the West Windsor Arts Council's online submissions page.
Click on the More button below for prospectus details and to begin.
Please read the full prospectus and have the following ready before beginning the submission process:
Title of Artwork
Dimensions or size range (WxH) of pieces
Short Artist Statement
Images of your work
Credit card for submission fee (if applicable)
Thank you for submitting your work for consideration in a West Windsor Arts Council exhibition!
LOCATION: West Windsor Arts Center Gallery, 952 Alexander Road, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550
EXHIBIT DATES: Monday, Jan 8, 2018 to Friday, February 23, 2018
GALLERY HOURS: Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm and Saturday: 10am-4pm
Opening Reception: Sunday, January 21, 2018, 4pm–6pm. Exhibiting Artists, including faculty and students, will work together with the WWAC Exhibition Committee to host the reception, including food donations, set-up and clean-up.
THEME: The Faculty/Student Show will showcase the work of WWAC teachers and their students. Students may submit up to 3 works of art that were created in a class at WWAC for review. There is no cost for submission. Teachers may submit up to 3 works of art for review.
MEDIUM: All works that can be hung on the wall, including drawing, painting, mixed media, printmaking, fiber and sculpture, will be considered.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 4, 2017 by midnight.
1. Submission to be done through Submittable.
Please have the following information ready when submitting:
-Title of artwork(s)
-Medium (material used to create the art)
-Sale price of each work or art can be listed as NFS (Not For Sale)
-Insurance value of each work (this is usually similar to sale price)
-Images of the art ready to be uploaded
-Short artist statement: This may be a description of the process, why the artist created the art, and/or why the artist is interested in taking art classes.
2. Size of artwork: We recommend a maximum size of 30 x 30" .
3. All works on paper MUST be framed while works on canvas are acceptable without a frame. All work must be properly wired across the back with picture hanging wire. Wire must be approximately 1/3 from top of frame. Saw-tooth hooks, ribbon, etc. will NOT be accepted. WWAC reserves the right to reject any work that is not ready to hang.
• Submission Deadline: December 4, 2017 by midnight
• Email confirmation of art accepted or declined to be sent out by December 12, 2017
• Drop–off of accepted artwork January 2nd-5th, 2018 during regular office hours to West Windsor Arts Center, 952 Alexander Road, West Windsor, NJ 08550.
• Opening reception: Sunday, January 21, 2018 4-6pm. Note: Exhibiting Artists and the WWAC Exhibition Committee will work together to host the reception, including set-up, food donations, and clean-up.
• Pick up of artwork: Sunday, February 25, 2018 10am - Noon.
ACCEPTED ARTWORK: Submission of Submittable application for inclusion constitutes an agreement between the artist and West Windsor Arts Council (WWAC) to the following conditions set forth:
1. The exhibit will be hung in the gallery and foyer in a way that best showcases all the artists and art to be exhibited. Note: depending on size and space restrictions, not all work selected may be hung. Artists will be notified immediately following final installation of the exhibit if a selected work is not included or if any work submitted is not properly framed for hanging.
2. Work not matching the digital images submitted cannot be substituted unless otherwise discussed in advance.
3. Artwork included in the show must remain on exhibit until the conclusion of the final exhibit date.
4. If you cannot make the pick-up date, please contact WWAC to make arrangements.
5. Sale of Artwork: Work does not need to be for sale to be exhibited, however WWAC encourages the sale of exhibited work. WWAC receives a 30% commission on all work sold, and the artist receives the balance (70%) of sale. Please keep that in mind when pricing your artwork. WWAC is responsible for processing and collecting the sale proceeds for artwork and will remit payment for artwork by check to the artist within 21 business days of close of the exhibit.
6. Donation to encourage artists: WWAC wants to encourage all our artists, by allowing our public to make a donation in recognition of a specific work of art. 100% of the donation will go to WWAC to help support all the programs we have to offer.
7. By participating in this exhibit, the artist gives WWAC permission to use the artist’s name, image, and images of accepted artwork in its publicity and marketing materials, and to photograph the artists and their work during events connected to this show.