Welcome to the West Windsor Arts Council's online art submissions page.
Click on the More button below for individual prospectus details and to begin. Please read the full prospectus. For most gallery shows, you will need to have the following ready before beginning the submission process:
- Title of Artwork
- Dimensions or size range (WxH) of pieces
- Price and Insurance Value
- Short Bio
- Short Artist Statement
- Images of your work saved with title as per instructions
- Credit card for submission fee (if applicable)
Thank you for submitting your work for consideration in a West Windsor Arts Council exhibition!
Prospectus: Floral Persuasion
2021 WWAC Member Only Show - A juried exhibition featuring floral themes.
Exhibit Dates: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 to Friday, May 14, 2021
Opening Reception: Virtual, Friday, March 19, 2021 @ 7:15 – 9pm
Entry Deadline: Feb. 14, 2021
Statement of Concept or Theme:
Perhaps one of the most universal and timeless subjects in the history of art, botanical themes offer a world of possibility for artists. Evidence of floral art and design dates back over 2,000 years, starting with the ancient Egyptians, and remains immensely popular today. Artists have used flowers for their symbolism in history, evocative qualities, and their ability to represent everything from decay to passion. During this Spring 2021 season of rebirth and renewal, we invite artists to share floral-themed ideas and visions.
- Best in Show: $100
- Exhibition Committee Choice: WWAC Artist Membership for 1 year
- Best Use of Medium: $50
Eligibility: Open to all members of the West Windsor Arts Council over 18 years of age. See membership fees and categories below. All art must be original and new to WWAC.
This will be a virtual and in gallery exhibition. There is no size limitation for art, however, size will be taken into consideration by the juror.
Works to be considered include paintings, drawings, sculpture, digital media, videos and music compositions, mixed media, photography and print making. WWAC will work with the accepted artists to accommodate the mediums submitted. Artwork must be in its original form for the medium being submitted.
Entry Fees: All submitting artists must be current members of WWAC. There is no additional entry fee. Membership status will be checked before entry is sent to juror. Membership Fees: Artist: $50; Individual (18+): $40; Senior (65+): $25; Household: $75; Supporter: $100. A maximum of 3 works may be submitted.
- A maximum of three pieces can be entered per artist
- Artwork must be in original form for the medium being submitted. Giclée or other reproductions of original work will not be accepted, unless original is a photograph/print. Example: giclée of watercolor will not be accepted.
- All works entered MUST include finished edges or be framed. All work must be properly wired across the back with picture hanging wire. Wire must be approximately 1/3 from top of frame. Saw-tooth hooks, ribbon, etc. will NOT be accepted. WWAC reserves the right to reject any work that is not ready to hang.
- All pieces must be labeled on the back with the artist's name and the title of the artwork.
ACCEPTED ARTWORK: Entry of artwork and application for jury review constitutes an agreement between the artist and West Windsor Arts Council (WWAC) to the conditions set forth:
1. Insurance coverage for accepted artwork begins upon completion of drop-off procedure on the designated date and time at the West Windsor Arts Center and for the duration of the show.
2. The juror reserves the right to reject any work submitted at their discretion. The exhibit will be hung in the gallery and foyer in a way that best showcases all the artists and art to be exhibited. Note: depending on size and space restrictions, not all work selected may be hung. Artists will be notified immediately following final installation of the exhibit if a selected work is not included or if any work submitted is not properly framed for hanging.
3. Work not matching the digital images submitted will not be accepted.
4. All artwork must remain in the show for the duration of the show.
5. There will be set dates and times for drop off and pick up of accepted artwork at the Arts Center. If you are shipping your art, prior arrangements must be made as staff is not in the building on a regular basis yet.
SALE OF ARTWORK
- WWAC will be responsible for processing and collecting the sale proceeds of art.
- WWAC will retain 30% of the retail price of Wall Art as commission and pay the balance of 70% of sale. Artist Members receive preferred split on gallery sales (75/25)
- Payment for sold work will be made by check within 21 business days of close of the exhibit.
- The West Windsor Arts Council retains the right to use artist’s name and digital images of accepted artwork.
- Entry deadline: Sunday, February 14, 2021
- Drop off date for accepted artwork: Tuesday, March 9, 2021
- Exhibit dates: Tuesday, March 16 to Friday, May 14, 2021
- Virtual opening reception: Friday, March 19, 2021 @ 7:15 – 9pm
- Pick up of unsold work: TBA
2021 Artisan Display Cabinet and online store
Now seeking handmade and handcrafted items to sell in our locked display cabinet in the West Windsor Arts Center lobby and in our online store.
Presenting a changing display of work by Artisans who are WWAC Members. Each session will feature varied works, all handmade. Items to include jewelry, pottery, fiber and textile, note cards, journals, and more. All items should be made of the finest quality, with care, and by expert crafts-people in their field.
SELECTIONS by WWAC Staff
GUIDELINES FOR ARTISANS:
- All items must be handmade by the submitting artist.
- Items measuring 11w x 11h x 11d inches or smaller can be displayed in the cabinet and online store. Items larger than 11w x 11h x 11d inches can only be offered in the online store.
- For display cabinet, Artisan can provide 6 to 10 items that will fit in our display case, along with any necessary stands, etc to display the items.
- Artisans will be accepted for a 7 to 8 weeks time period or "session." Upcoming sessions include:
January 11, 2021 to February 26, 2021 (drop off dates to be scheduled between Jan 4 - 8, 2021)
March 23, 2021 to May 14, 2021 (drop off dates to be scheduled between March 16 - 19, 2021)
May 18, 2021 to July 9, 2021 (drop off dates to be scheduled between May 10 - 14, 2021)
July 13 to August 27, 2021 (drop off dates to be scheduled between July 5 - 9, 2021)
August 31 to Oct 22, 2021 (drop off dates to be scheduled between August 23 - 27, 2021)
October 26 to Dec 17, 2021 (drop off dates to be scheduled between October 18 - 22, 2021)
- Accepted artisans will be given a contract which will include the session information as well as all terms for the agreement.
- All accepted items will be included in the online store, but only select items will be included in the display cabinet at WWAC's discretion.
ELIGIBILITY: Display cabinet and online store is available to WWAC Members. Members and non-members can submit work for review, however if you are accepted you must become a member for us to include your items in either the display cabinet or the online store. Work must be original and handcrafted by the Artisan, and may include jewelry, pottery/ceramics, glass, fiber and textile items, leather goods, paper crafts and journals, metal arts, basketry, and woodworking items.
SALE OF MERCHANDISE: West Windsor Arts Center will handle the sales of all items. The sales split for all items is 70% to Artisan and 30% to WWAC (Artist Level Members will receive the preferred split of 75%/25%). Artisans will be responsible for paying sales tax for their merchandise, if applicable. It is the Artisan's responsibility to obtain any licenses or permits necessary by state and local laws for the sale of handmade items and food to the public.
Note: The West Windsor Arts Council retains the right to use artist’s name and digital images of accepted artwork.