Welcome to the West Windsor Arts Council's online submissions page.
Click on the More button below for prospectus details and to begin.
Please read the full prospectus and have the following ready before beginning the submission process:
Title of Artwork
Dimensions or size range (WxH) of pieces
Short Artist Statement
Images of your work
Credit card for submission fee (if applicable)
Thank you for submitting your work for consideration in a West Windsor Arts Council exhibition!
THEME: The West Windsor Arts Center invites all members to submit abstract art work. All materials and methods of expression are welcome. Movement, gesture, improvisation and a sense of exploration should be considered.
JUROR: To Be Determined.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all current WWAC members. Artists may join as a WWAC member (basic membership fees are $25 senior, $40 individual, $75 household). For membership information and to join, please visit www.westwindsorarts.org or call (609)716-1931 for more information.
New! In order to celebrate and encourage our member artists, WWAC will be awarding cash prizes to 3 works of art selected by the juror that exemplify standards of excellence including:
- Competent use of media and artistic technical skill
- Artistic sensitivity and emotional impact
- Creative and innovative work to educate the public
- Wall appeal to attract the public
- Relevance to show theme
- Best in Show: $100
- 2nd Prize: $50
- 3rd Prize: One Free Year of WWAC Individual Membership ($40 value)
- A maximum of three pieces can be submitted per artist
- All art must be original and new to WWAC.
- Size of artwork: We recommend a maximum size of 30 x 30" but the juror will judge larger works on a case-by-case basis.
- All work that can be hung on the wall including drawing, painting, mixed media, photography, printmaking, or fiber will be considered.
- Artwork must be in original form for the medium being submitted. Giclée or other reproductions of original work will not be accepted, unless original is a photograph/print. Example: giclée of watercolor will not be accepted.
- All works entered MUST include finished edges or be framed. All work must be properly wired across the back with picture hanging wire. Wire must be approximately 1/3 from top of frame. Saw-tooth hooks, ribbon, etc. will NOT be accepted. WWAC reserves the right to reject any work that is not ready to hang.
- All pieces must be labeled on the back with the artist's name and the title of the artwork.
- Exhibit Dates: March 5–April 27th
- Submission deadline: February 16th, 11:59pm
- Art drop-off: March 4th, 10am-12pm
- Artist Reception: March 18th, 4-6pm
- Art pick up: April 29th, 10am-12pm
ACCEPTED ARTWORK: Submission of artwork and written application for jury review constitutes an agreement between the artist and West Windsor Arts Council (WWAC) to the conditions set forth:
1. Insurance coverage for accepted artwork begins upon completion of drop-off procedure on the designated date and time at the West Windsor Arts Center and for the duration of the show.
2. The juror reserves the right to reject any work submitted at her discretion. The exhibit will be hung in the gallery and foyer in a way that best showcases all the artists and art to be exhibited. Note: depending on size and space restrictions, not all work selected may be hung. Artists will be notified immediately following final installation of the exhibit if a selected work is not included or if any work submitted is not properly framed for hanging.
3. Work not matching the digital images submitted will not be accepted.
4. All artwork must remain in the show for the duration of the show.
5. If the artist is not able to pick up the artwork at the designated time, please contact the WWAC main office to make other arrangements.
SALE OF ARTWORK
- WWAC will be responsible for processing and collecting the sale proceeds of art.
- WWAC will retain 30% of the retail price of Wall Art as commission and pay the balance of 70% of sale.
- Payment for Wall Art will be made by check within 21 business days of close of the exhibit.
- The West Windsor Arts Council retains the right to use artist’s name and digital images of accepted artwork.
Phone: (609) 716-1931 Exhibitions Email: email@example.com
Mailing address: 952 Alexander Rd., Princeton Junction, NJ 08550