Welcome to the West Windsor Arts Council's online submissions page.
Click on the More button below for prospectus details and to begin.
Please read the full prospectus and have the following ready before beginning the submission process:
Title of Artwork
Dimensions or size range (WxH) of pieces
Short Artist Statement
Images of your work
Credit card for submission fee (if applicable)
Thank you for submitting your work for consideration in a West Windsor Arts Council exhibition!
OFF THE WALL: An Affordable Art Exhibit and one-day Artisan Market
LOCATION: West Windsor Arts Center Gallery, 952 Alexander Road, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550
EXHIBIT DATES: Monday, November 6, 2017 to Friday, Dec 22, 2017.
GALLERY HOURS: Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm and Saturday: 12-4pm
Opening Reception and Artisan Market: The opening for the show will be held the same day as our Artisan Market, November 12, 2017. Hours are 10am to 11am WWAC Members Only Preview, and 11am to 5pm open to the public.
Closing Reception: Friday, December 22, 2017, 4pm to 7pm. Closing party, open to the public.
THEME: Off the Wall will showcase juried artwork in a variety of themes and media offered at prices not exceeding $300.00. WWAC will be looking for art that will appeal to a broad audience, drawing in WWAC Members as well as the community of the Greater Princeton area during the holiday season. Artwork may be literally taken off the wall at the time of purchase.
MEDIUM: All works that can be hung on the wall including drawing, painting, mixed media, photography, printmaking or fiber will be considered. Artwork must be in original form for the medium being submitted. Giclee or other reproductions of original work will not be accepted, unless original is a photograph/print. Example: giclee of watercolor will not be accepted.
JURY: All artwork will be juried by WWAC OTW & Artisan Market Committee.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all artists. All art entered must be original and new to WWAC, and offered for sale at prices not exceeding $300. Work submitted for previous exhibitions at WWAC will NOT be accepted. Art must be properly wired across the back to be accepted for jury review.
ARTWORK SUBMISSIONS: Applicants may bring up to three pieces of artwork to the West Windsor Arts Center for jury review. Artwork must be submitted in person on Sunday, November 5, 2017 from 9am-11am to the WWAC Gallery, 952 Alexander Road, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550.
SUBMISSION FEES: Artists may submit up to three pieces of artwork. There will be a $7.00 fee for each piece of artwork or you may submit three pieces of art for $20.00. Fees must be paid at the time of submission, Sunday, November 5, 2017, 9am to 11am.
1.Applicants have the option to pre-register their art through Submittables, from September 11 to November 4, 2017. To preregister, please have ready: artwork title, medium, size, price and insurance value. No photographs need to be uploaded. Artists need to bring in the art for jury review and pay the submission fee in person on Sunday November 5, 2017 from 9am-11am at the WWAC Gallery. By pre-registering we hope to make your submission process on Nov 5 faster and easier.
2. The maximum size for 2-D wall art, including frame is: 24” x 24”.
3. All works entered MUST be framed and properly wired across the back with picture hanging wire. Wrapped, painted canvas is permissible. Wire must be approximately 1/3 from top of frame. Saw-tooth hooks, ribbon, etc. will NOT be accepted. ONLY SUBMISSIONS MEETING THESE SPECIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
ARTIST NOTIFICATION: Emails will be sent out after 2pm on
Sunday, November 5, 2017. Art not accepted will need to be picked up on
Sunday, November 5 from 4pm to 6pm.
- September 11 to November 4, 2017 – optional preregister art on Submittables
- Sunday, November 5, 2017, 9am to 11am - Drop off artwork
- Sunday, November 5, 2017 - Accepted/declined entries will be sent an email after 2pm.
- Sunday, November 5, 2017, 4pm to 6pm - Pick up of declined artwork.
- Dates of Show: Monday, November 4 to Friday, December 23, 2017
- Sunday, November 12, 2017, 10am to 5pm - Opening reception and Artisan Market.
- Friday, Dec 22, 2017 - Show Closing Event 4pm to 7pm- Last day of exhibit.
- Sunday, January 7, 2018, 10am to 12pm - pick up artwork not sold.
The jury reserves the right to reject any work submitted at their discretion.
The exhibit will be hung in the gallery and foyer in a way that best
showcases all the artists and art to be exhibited.
2. No accepted artwork shall be returned after the installation nor before the final exhibit date.
3. Unless prior arrangements have been made, artwork not picked up on the pick-up date stated will become the property of WWAC and, due to lack of storage space, may be disposed of after 7 days.
4. Artist agrees that WWAC may use their work for off-site marketing and sales.
SALE OF ARTWORK
· WWAC will be responsible for processing and collecting the sale proceeds of Wall Art.
· WWAC will retain 30% of the retail price of Wall Art as commission and pay the balance of 70% of sale.
· Payment for Wall Art will be made by check within 21 business days of close of the exhibit.
· The West Windsor Arts Council retains the right to use artist’s name and digital images of accepted artwork.