Welcome to the West Windsor Arts Council's online submissions page.
2016 OFF THE WALL ART EXHIBIT PRE-REGISTRATION WILL BEGIN SEPTEMBER 12
Click on the More button below for prospectus details and to begin.
Please read the full prospectus and have the following ready before beginning the submission process:
Title of Artwork(s) or Business
Dimensions or size range (WxH) of pieces
Short Artist Statement
Images of your work
Credit card for submission fee
Thank you for submitting your work for consideration in a West Windsor Arts Council exhibition!
DATES: Monday, November 7, 2016 to Saturday, January 7, 2017.
GALLERY HOURS: Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm and Saturday: 12-4pm
Opening Reception and Artisan Market: The opening for the show will be held the same day as our Artisan Market, November 13, 2016.
- WWAC Members Only Preview: 10am to 11am WWAC
- Open to General Public: 11am to 4pm
THEME: Off the Wall will showcase juried artwork in a variety of themes and media offered at prices not exceeding $300.00. WWAC will be looking for art that will appeal to a broad audience, drawing in WWAC Members as well as the community of the Greater Princeton area during the holiday season. Artwork may be literally taken off the wall at the time of purchase.
MEDIUM: All works that can be hung on the wall including drawing, painting, mixed media, photography, printmaking or fiber will be considered. Artwork must be in original form for the medium being submitted. Giclee or other reproductions of original work will not be accepted, unless original is a photograph/print. Example: giclee of watercolor will not be accepted.
JURY: All artwork will be juried by WWAC OTW & Artisan Market Committee.
ARTWORK SUBMISSIONS: Applicants may bring up to three pieces of artwork to the West Windsor Arts Center for jury review. Artwork must be submitted in person on Sunday, November 6, 2016 from 9am-11am to the WWAC Gallery, 952 Alexander Road, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550.
SUBMISSION FEES: $5.00 fee for each piece of artwork submitted. Fees must be paid at the time of submission, Sunday, November 6, 2016, 9am to 11am, by cash or check to WWAC.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all artists over 18 years of age. All art must be original and new to WWAC and offered for sale at prices not exceeding $300. Work submitted for previous exhibitions at WWAC will NOT be accepted. Art must be properly wired across the back to be accepted for jury review.
1. The maximum size for 2-D wall art, including frame is: 24” x 24”.
2. All works entered MUST be framed and properly wired across the back with picture hanging wire. Wrapped, painted canvas is permissible. Wire must be approximately 1/3 from top of frame. Saw-tooth hooks, ribbon, etc. will NOT be accepted. ONLY SUBMISSIONS MEETING THESE SPECIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
3. All pieces must have the submission form attached to the front. The submission form can be found at the end of this prospectus.
ARTIST NOTIFICATION: Emails will be sent out after 2pm on Sunday, November 6, 2016. Art not accepted will need to be picked up on Sunday, November 6 from 4pm to 6pm.
• Sunday, November 6, 2016, 9am-11am – Drop off artwork
• Sunday, November 6, 2016 – Accepted/declined entries will be sent an email after 2pm.
• Sunday, November 6, 2016, 4pm-6pm - Pick up of declined artwork.
• Sunday, November 13, 2016, 10am - 4pm - Opening reception and Artisan Market.
• Saturday, January 7, 2017- Last day of exhibit.
• Sunday, January 8, 2017, 10am-12pm - Artwork pick up.
ACCEPTED ARTWORK: Submission of artwork and application for jury review constitutes an agreement between the artist and West Windsor Arts Council (WWAC) to the conditions set forth:
No single piece of artwork submitted can exceed the value of $300. Insurance coverage for accepted artwork begins upon completion of drop-off procedure on the designated date and time at the West Windsor Arts Center and for the duration of the show or until time of purchase.
1. The jury reserves the right to reject any work submitted at their discretion.
2. No accepted artwork shall be returned after the installation nor before the final exhibit date.
3. Unless prior arrangements have been made, artwork not picked up on the pick-up date stated will become the property of WWAC and, due to lack of storage space, may be disposed of after 7 days.
4. Artist agrees that WWAC may use their work for off-site marketing and sales.
SALE OF ARTWORK
• WWAC will be responsible for processing and collecting the sale proceeds of Wall Art.
• WWAC will retain 30% of the retail price of Wall Art as commission and pay the balance of 70% of sale.
• Payment for Wall Art will be made by check within 21 business days of close of the exhibit.
• The West Windsor Arts Council retains the right to use artist’s name and digital images of accepted artworkp